Monday 29 May 2017

Sand-gropers!



In the run-up to City Daily Photo's June theme day 'Nature' I thought I might show you a bit of WA nature that greeted me outside my front door yesterday morning! The Sandgroper, a subterranean insect, some species endemic to WA, is a sweet little bug don't you think.. I'm kidding, check it out here if you dare :) As I'm typing now I can hear the sandgropers in my garden chirping away and that's fine, it's not unpleasant to listen too, a bit like crickets.. BUT if they lose their way and come inside eeeew! Imagine this crawling on you! They can grow to 7cm long, this beauty below was about half that size. So.. are you still coming to visit :) Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe.. P.s. they don't bite! P.p.s. is this what you all thought when you read the title :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management