Sunday 22 October 2017

At Last.......

I mentioned in yesterdays post about the fact that the pelican image I captured at Lake Wendoure was very close to home. Well todays image doesn't get any closer.......
I'm sure most of you have noticed the local black birds, especially around this time of the year as they are nesting and generally flipping about all over the place. We have had blackbirds around for years, so much so that we even give them their own names. A few weeks ago I noticed one particular bird that seemed a little different to the usual blackbirds... we call her Cherry. What makes Cherry so unique is her colouring.....have a look at the image and you will see exactly what I mean. She has this lovely marble colouring that I have never seen before on a blackbird. Not sure what the reason maybe, if anyone has any ideas please let us all know.
She has been especially hard to catch with the camera as she never stays still for more than a few seconds and never gives you time to even think about catching her with the camera. So on Sunday afternoon I was making a cuppa in the kitchen when I noticed she flew into a tree just outside the window. I quickly grabbed the camera and fired off a few shots before she once again took off. As you can see she is getting the nest ready, gathering twigs to make the new brood comfortable.
11/3-14.12

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management