Wednesday 25 April 2018

Dawn Service..




The shots I used yesterday for actual Anzac Day were taken last year, the shots here I took as dawn broke yesterday morning. Getting up at 4am in time to get to Kings Park, find a parking and a good spot to watch the service wasn't easy after three hours sleep, I really must get to bed earlier :) I think I have said before that standing with thousands of others, the silence broken only by the sound of the pipes as the wreathes are laid and the bugle as it plays the Last Post is quite a surreal experience.. even the young children seem to sense the solemnity of the event. I wonder, like most what this year will bring. Happy Thursday, take care and stay safe..


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management