Sunday 17 June 2018

Leighton Battery.. The Tunnels.



Here's one for the WW2 buffs out there. I am fascinated by that era, by the enduring defiance of the British not to give in. We visited Leighton Battery Heritage Site on Saturday to find that the tunnels were thankfully only open on Sundays for guided tours. I own up to feeling much relief, as fascinated as I am my fear of enclosed spaces would have stopped me going down.. pretty pathetic when you think of the conditions endured during both World Wars and every war since. The history of the site here is a good read. We can only hope that the men/women today who sit in their positions of power playing war games consider long and hard before sending any more young men and women out to fight in their names. Happy Monday, take care and stay safe..


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management