Location
A few highlights on quite murky day with a Grey Wagtail feeding in amongst the rubbish in the pool, a Sparrowhawk whizzing through again, the Green Woodpecker which I nearly stepped on as I rounded a bend, 3 Redwing over, a fairly large party of Long-tailed Tits, Great Tits, Blue Tits and 2 Goldcrests in the big Oak on the playing fields and the Common Gull there again.
Birds Recorded: 1 Sparrowhawk, 2 Moorhen, 4 Black-headed Gull, 2 Herring Gull, 2 Lesser Black-backed Gull, 1 Common Gull, Wood Pigeon, Green Woodpecker, 1 Grey Wagtail, Dunnock, Robin, Blackbird, 3 Redwing, 1 Song Thrush, 5 Goldcrest, 15+ Long-tailed Tit, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Wren, Magpie, 20 Carrion Crow, 2 Jackdaw, 5 Starling, House Sparrow, 1 Chaffinch.
Plus 3 Grey Squirrels.
(Martin Adlam)
A Lesser Black-backed Gull passes over the playing fields........
......whilst the Common Gull watches on.
Here a Grey Wagtail also looks on as Sparrowhawk passes over. (Martin Adlam)
Pentylands
Location
Nothing particularly unusual today, but I was struck by the variety of birds I saw: Fieldfare, Redwing, Song Thrush, Blackbird, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Rook, Magpie, Robin, Wren (lots of Wrens!), Bullfinch, Chaffinch, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Long-tailed Tit, Dunnock, Kestrel and Great Spotted Woodpecker. I think that was all!
(Neil George)
Other Counties Bird News Here
06:23
Cosmo Kramer
Posted in:
0 comments:
Post a Comment