Sunday, 16 September 2018

'Goddess of Sky Burial'..



 I love it when we come across a fabulous new artwork unexpectedly. In Fez Cafe in Mount Lawley last week for breakfast the mural by multi-talented artist Fieldey was an incroyable sight to behold. The artist states 'not a fan of painting pretty things for the sake of being pretty I like to mix it with something a little bit darker. After mulling over it for a few days the medieval sport of falconry popped into my head along with the idea of her having a giant pet vulture. It’s funny, but the more you work on a concept the more associations tend to pop up and I was reminded of the practice of Tibetan Sky Burial. So in the end the concept is a kind of goddess of sky burial'. If you aren't sure what a Tibetan sky burial is about, I wasn't, you can read about it here.. so many fascinating customs around the world! Happy new week, take care and stay safe..

...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management