I'm sure you will recognize the whimsical style here before I even tell you who the sculptor is. Perth sculptor/artist Ayad Alqaragholli's work has appeared here many times. The sculpture is called Anta Omri (You Are All My Life), the artist's statement 'In my daily life in Australia I observe couples immersed in the intimacy of public affection, symbolising to me happiness, peace, freedom. This is everything to me after migrating from my birth country of Iraq where this is not always possible.' How often we take the simple things for granted oui! Children are captivated, as am I, by the playful nature of the sculptures of Ayad Alqaragholli ✨
In the blink of an eye the figures of 'Flutter l and ll' sculpted in aluminum sheet below by Perth artist April Pine can transform from appearing whole and together...
... to becoming 'two organic figures standing side by side, their reductive forms working in unison and opposition as through pulling and pushing winds. Their singular ground connection creates a delicate structural balancing act as though they are caught in motion.' Looking forward to going back in the evening and watching the sunset through the 'flutters' :) Happy Thursday, take care and stay safe..
09:22
Cosmo Kramer

Posted in:
0 comments:
Post a Comment