It's a bit hard to hide when you have a bright pink/red wattle hanging down on each side of the head :) The jacaranda trees are beginning to bloom around Perth. The jacaranda is a tree that some people love and others love to hate. I think they are so pretty when in flower, très ordinaire when not, also I don't live on a jacaranda tree lined street so don't have to put up with the mess they cause and apparently every part of the tree is poisonous to humans.. not so to the red wattlebird, one of the larger nectar feeding birds, they were most impolitely gorging themselves, twisting this way and that to suck the nectar with their extra long tongue, the tip a 'brush like structure with over a hundred bristles to soak up the nectar' I did not know that did you :) Happy Friday, take care and stay safe..
08:06
Cosmo Kramer

Posted in:
0 comments:
Post a Comment