Tuesday 5 August 2014

A Real Bonus - Holloway Falls

With preparations for our trip to Alaska taking priority this week, the last thing I expected to find was a brand new waterfall within my 42km radius of Ballarat. Not too far on from Moorabool Falls out on the way to Mt Egerton, and also running into the Lal Lal Reservoir, is Black Creek and after some information passed on to me by someone who knows the area very well, I headed off to make the trek down the creek to see what I could find. When you head off on these searches you never really know what to expect, and after passing by a number of pretty nice smaller cascades along the creek I came across this very pretty, narrow gorge with just the right amount of water flowing to enable me to get down to the base of the falls. I would think that after the recent rain at the end of last week the timing was perfect as too much water would prohibit access down to this spot but the few days since then had allowed the flow to drop back to the perfect level. Many thanks to Erica for guiding me to this one....I doubt I would ever have found it otherwise.


.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management