Thursday 30 March 2017

The minimalist struggle!



As we painted the house throughout last year each room was vigorously cleared of  superfluous 'stuff' as a wave of minimalism washed over moi :) this in no way negates the pleasure I enjoy fossicking through second hand/junk antique shops. If in Guildford, as I was yesterday, a walk along James St. aka Guildford's antique strip is compulsory even though it stretches my desire for old things to breaking point! It was love at first sight when I spotted Monsieur above, I fought my way through much stuff :) to reach him and even though he was without feet I wanted him, mentally I had already found the perfect spot for him in my minimalist environment. Here's where things fell apart.. his price tag $85. Me to dealer "he will need a fair bit of work and he is without feet, will you take $60 for him?" Dealer "the lowest I will go is $75." Me "Okay I'll leave him." Dealer shrugs as I walk out empty handed! What would you have done if it was something you fell in love with, would you have been more determined? I'm a shocking haggler but here's the thing, all I can think about is this swim-suited, mustached gent standing at the side of my red sofa with goodness knows what on his wee tray :) Happy Friday, take care and stay safe...   


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management