Saturday 19 August 2017

A Saturday to Remember

The forecast for Saturday was for calm weather, so I was keen to capture some aerials as it had been windy for quite a few days. However when I left home there was a bit of drizzle around so I had to be content with ground level images. I'm not complaining! It turned out to be one of those mornings where the more you drive around the more you find.
Started with a lovely crescent moon out north of Creswick well before sunrise...you can also spot one of the planets as well.
From there I headed west as I could see some low lying fog out around the hills. Out around Ascot as I was heading west I caught a glimpse of some sunrise colour behind me and quickly pulled over to catch this sunrise over Mt Coghill. It started off tame enough, and then developed into something quite extraordinary, especially when zooming in to the top of the hill as the sun lit up the clouds and low lying mist.
I was pretty content with the morning, little realising there was plenty left to capture! Coming back past Shallowback Hill I spotted the mist pouring over the hill, to be topped off by the rainbow behind....quite an amazing sight and my favourite from the morning. And then a view looking across to Mt Hollowback was worth another stop. One last stop for another rainbow looking south below an incredible cloud front moving through - whew, what a morning!
Oh, the sunset at Lake Wendouree that night wasn't too shabby, either!
10









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management