Wednesday 23 January 2019

Gotcha!



For the last few months I have been woken up at sunrise, 5.30, by the elusive laughing kookaburra above. Not that I mind, in fact it's rather lovely to lie in bed and listen to the various bird-life in my area waking up. Despite the name the butcherbird has one of the sweetest songs, listen here (cut in to about 2min47sec to get the group sing-song). Then there are the mudlarks and the wattle-birds. A veritable symphony of bird song. Have tried to catch a shot of the kookaburra returning with a mouthful of food for it's family many times but by the time I get my camera pfffft it's gone leaving behind the echo of a mocking laugh to taunt me. Sitting on the patio at the weekend he was so intent on his prey below.. I have to be honest it was P who spotted him high up in the tree next door but at last.. gotcha you little mocker 😉 Happy Thursday, take care and stay safe.. P.s. don't look too closely, he was a looong way away!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management